JAWS members come together for the 2011 Conference and Mentoring Project in Asheville, N.C.
It’s time to step up and be counted!
Add your name to the roster of incredible women in the JAWS directory by becoming a member of the Journalism & Women Symposium, one of the few national organizations that devotes itself to women in journalism.
New memberships are $50 per year; renewals are $75.
How to Join or Renew:
To join or give a gift by check: Please make your check payable to Journalism & Women Symposium and mail to 15 Hillsdale Road, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648.
To join or give a gift by credit card:
Give the gift of JAWS!
Join, renew your membership!
Five reasons to join! You get:
- A growing network of JAWS women who can offer motivation, support and ideas, not to mention the all-important comic relief and camaraderie.
- The JAWS directory, printed each year, with your name and contact information as well as those of hundreds of other JAWS members.
- Password-protected access to the JAWS Web site, which includes an online JAWS members directory.
- Access to the JAWS email listserv, allowing you to communicate with JAWS members around the country and share ideas, outrage, and news affecting women that you may not see reported elsewhere.
- JAWS newsletters with stories and photos of recent JAWS events, including recaps of training sessions with tips on career advancement, freelancing and more every month.
New: You also will have access to insurance offered through a consortium of nonprofit associations.
Who Can Join JAWS
All memberships are subject to board approval. There are two categories of membership: voting and associate. The membership criteria are as follows:
Voting membership is open to:
- Journalists who are employed by newspapers, news services, syndicates, magazines, television or radio stations, Web sites or other electronic disseminators of news and information programming.
- People whose primary occupation is freelancing in the journalism fields listed under #1.
- Teachers of journalism at the college level.
- People whose primary occupation is research or publishing in the field of journalism.
- People employed by organizations dedicated to serving journalists.
- JAWS members who have retired or moved on to other fields.
Associate members are entitled to all the privileges of membership except voting and pay the same dues and fees. Associate membership is open to:
- Students of journalism at the college level or above.
- People not eligible for voting membership whose knowledge or contribution to the organization is considered of value to JAWS.