Journalism and Women Symposium is looking for someone to manage our digital communications.
See the job description below.
JAWS is looking for a part-time social media and content marketing specialist to create an innovative digital communications strategy that will raise our national profile, increase membership and encourage philanthropic support. This job requires about 15- 20 hours a week, and can be done remotely. Rate is $20 an hour.
- Evaluate where and how JAWS should be engaging with users on social, and lead the strategy, planning and execution of our social media efforts
- Define, execute and develop metrics for measuring social media strategy and tactics effectiveness
- Utilize social media tools and techniques for listening, tracking and engaging with members and potential members
- Identify and engage with key influencers to produce guest blogs, develop co-marketing campaigns and other forms of collaborative content
- Produce optimized social video, graphics and other content to drive interaction, engagement and conversion (new members, donations, etc.)
- Maintain JAWS listserv
- Plan and run social campaigns around JAWS CAMP and other key initiatives such as mentorship, fundraising and professional development
- Coordinate and promote self-development webinars for members
- Lead and coordinate efforts to redesign our website
- Experienced storyteller who can produce effective clickable and relatable content quickly with little direction
- Proficiency in basic HTML, WordPress, Google Analytics, MailChimp, SCHED, Bidding for Good, social media measurement tools (i.e. Radian6, Zignal, TrendKite, NetBase, etc.) as well as Content Management Systems
- In-depth knowledge of social media tools and their uses in business
- Video/photo editing and proficiency
- Strong writing, communication problem solving and project management skills
- Passionate about social media with active accounts across multiple social platforms
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to changing platforms
- Excellent social media etiquette and moderation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience in social and digital media, content marketing or related field
- A successful track record of running social media campaigns
What You Should Include with Your Application
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Cover letter
- Three job references
- Send a single PDF file to email@example.com by July 15, 2017.
- We seek a diverse pool of candidates.
- Preference may be given to applicants with journalism and/or nonprofit experience.