In case you haven’t heard, we have two leadership workshops planned for 2017 – one in the Bay Area (June 24) and one in New York (July 28). Jill Geisler and her team of veteran media leaders will share their collective wisdom, as well as offer personalized coaching throughout the one-day, interactive training. If you’ve been thinking about attending but haven’t registered for one in your area, now’s the time to do so. There are a limited number of seats at the table and we’ve started sharing the news about them far and wide. Don’t wait because we’d love to see you there!
- Bay Area Leadership Workshop: Saturday, June 24, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Stanford University (Stanford, Calif.). To register, click here.
- New York Leadership Workshop: Friday, July 28, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The City University of New York (New York, N.Y.). To register, click here.
Cost (includes lunch)
- $50 for JAWS members (you must be logged in to receive the member rate)
- $85 for non-members (includes optional discounted JAWS membership*)
- Provide participants with key leadership skills to help themselves and others succeed in today’s media environment.
- Prepare existing and emerging leaders to step up in their organizations.
- To improve journalism and media organizations through effective leadership.
This one-day workshop for existing and emerging journalism leaders will address the skills needed in today’s media organizations, from legacy to startup.
Participants will leave with new tools
- Assessing, establishing and sustaining positive, productive and innovative workplace cultures.
- Leading and accelerating change.
- Helping others improve their performance through coaching and feedback.
- Mastering negotiation and conflict resolution.
The workshop will be led by Jill Geisler, The Bill Plante Chair in Leadership & Media Integrity at Loyola University Chicago. Geisler teaches and coaches media leaders worldwide.
Come join us!