By Merrill Perlman, JAWS Board Member
Early-bird registration for JAWS Conference and Mentoring Project (CAMP) ends a week from Thursday, June 30.
If you wait till after that, your $345 registration will cost you $375. Sure, $30 doesn’t sound like a lot, but here’s what you could buy with that $30:
- 1/5 of one day at the Hotel Roanoke at the special JAWS rate of $159 a day (or more than that if you’re sharing a room);
- A solid contribution toward the cost of one of the Friday preconference workshops on data journalism or freelancing;
- At least one book, possibly more, at Books & Browse, supporting a fellow JAWS member and possibly even learning something;
- A couple of drinks or more at the bar at the Hotel Roanoke;
- Half of a reflexology session at the spa at the Hotel Roanoke;
- Spending money for your free time.
Do it now, while you’re thinking about it! Don’t let that $30 get away from you!