Are you an author who is looking to share your recently published book with friends and colleagues from around the country? If so, we’d love to showcase your work at the Conference and Mentoring Project (CAMP) in Hot Springs!
We’re looking for eight authors to feature at Books and Browse this year. The event is one of the highlights of our conference where attendees can buy books, meet with authors and chat with them about their work. It’s scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 28, from 6 to 7 p.m. at The Arlington Resort Hotel and Spa.
If you’re interested in participating, let us know by submitting this form. The deadline for consideration is Aug. 15.
A few details to keep in mind:
- To be a featured author and take advantage of this opportunity to share your work with a couple hundred journalists from around the country, you must be a current JAWS member. If you’re not yet a member, now is a great time to join!
- You must be registered for CAMP to be considered for participation in Books and Browse. Haven’t registered yet? You can do so here.
- You’ll be responsible for getting your book(s) to the hotel no later than Oct. 26 and returning any unsold books. (Hopefully you’ll sell them all and won’t need to return any!)
- Plan to have a minimum of 10 books on site to sell, 20 if your book is a new release. Last year, the eight authors who participated sold a total of 73 books.
- You set the price for your book and JAWS will handle transactions using Square, leaving you free to sign and chat.
- Historically, authors donate a portion of book sales to JAWS. A check, with Square’s 3 percent credit card processing deducted for any applicable transactions, will be mailed to you within a week of the event.
If you have any questions about Books and Browse, please contact Roxanne Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about CAMP 2017, including details about booking a room at The Arlington (only $110 a night with the JAWS discount), finding a roommate or carpooling from Little Rock to Hot Springs, visit the CAMP 2017 page on the JAWS website.