The JAWS Conference & Mentoring Project isn’t a regular conference—it’s a cool conference. So leave your suits and collared shirts at home, and pack these things instead.
1. Jeans and T-shirts, especially past CAMP shirts. My first CAMP, I didn’t believe the fellowship organizer when she told me to leave my business wear behind. Once I got to CAMP, those work clothes never left my suitcase. CAMP is casual, so bring jeans and tees.
2. Sweaters and jackets to layer. Nighttime temperatures in Welches, Oregon, are already creeping into the 40s, so be sure to pack fall layers. Throw a rain jacket and umbrella into your suitcase just in case. It’s the Pacific Northwest, after all.
3. Exercise clothes. Join JAWS board member Lottie Joiner as she leads a Jazzercise class on Saturday and Sunday mornings. You’ll also have time Sunday afternoon to take advantage of the beautiful Mt. Hood area. Add sneakers and exercise clothes to your bag if you plan to break a sweat.
4. Auction items. The annual silent auction at CAMP raises money for our mentoring, training and support initiatives. We’d love for you to bring some neat trinkets to auction off. Flashy earrings, nifty clothing and signed books are particularly popular items with our members. Can’t make it to CAMP or have intangible items to share like vacation getaways or training sessions in your areas of expertise? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to them to our online auction, which is open to all.
5. A witch’s hat. We’re celebrating Halloween early with an opening night bonfire on Friday. Pack your witchy best and get ready to meet old friends over scrumptious brews.
6. Money for cocktail hours. Speaking of brews, there will be cocktail hours before dinner each night. Carry some cash if you plan to grab a drink.
7. Computer, charger, notepad and pen. Our presenters and speakers are a wealth of wisdom. Be sure to bring something to use to jot down notes.