Time to roll up your selves and saddle up your ride. Join your JAWS colleagues Oct. 22-24 at the Tapatio Springs Resort in Boerne, Texas. JAWS Fall Symposium 2010 promises to be a wealth of practical learning and how-to tips to keep you ahead in the fluctuating world of journalism.
The program is shaping up and chairs Janet Vitt and Sharon Walsh see a real hands-on theme emerging this year. Some of the highlights for “Practical JAWS” include:
• Special guest and keynote speaker — Maria Hinojosa.
• The Shanahan Speaker will be Heidi Beirich, research director for the Southern Poverty Law Center.
• “Alchemy, Phase II” for women who are re-inventing themselves.
• A panel aimed at journalism educators and those who would like to teach.
• Building a portfolio career
• JAWS foodies are cooking up a session on food — the news that’s on everyone’s plate.
• Covering the Border.
• Techno Ideas to Steal.
OTHER Important details:
- Registration: Only $265 — $250 if you register before Aug. 31. Click here for registration form.
- Hotel: Tapatio Springs Resort
- Special conference rate for JAWS: $94 for standard room (other rooms are available if you ask)
- Reservation numbers: 800-999-3299 or 830-537-4611
- ROOM RESERVATION DEADLINE is Sept. 21.